Big Trouble In Little China - John Carpenter


Indeed! It's Big Trouble In Little China, John Carpenter's cult-classic Asian-American-Adventure. No fan of '80s classics collection is complete without the synth-rock rythms of Carpenter's (with associate Alan Howarth) driving "Porkchop Express", or the power-chords in "The Great Arcade". Carpenter dips his American cheese deep into the dimsum, mixing his rock idiom with plenty of Asian flair.

Also included on the disc as bonuses: Alan Howarth's Backstabbed and a single cue -- the deleted "Atlanta Bank Robbery" -- from Carpenter's Escape From New York.

Originally issued on CD by Demon Records in 1987, this re-issue from Super Tracks was released as a promotional disc (surely to skirt proper licensing fees) in 1999, with about 1:30 additional minutes of Big Trouble score.

"Son of a bitch must pay!" But not you!

See comments for newly-ripped/fixed Big Trouble tracks!

11 Responses to “Big Trouble In Little China - John Carpenter”

  1. # Blogger attax

    Hey thanks a lot :) love this score.  

  2. # Blogger New Texture

    I don't want to sound ungrateful, since I'm crazy about your blog and I'm a fan of this score, but the "Pork Chop Express" track isn't what it says it is; I used to have the score on vinyl so I know how it *should* sound, and this is a weird mishmash of other cues with only a brief snippet of "PCE". I wonder if the problem is with this upload or my download?  

  3. # Blogger Soundtrack Sharity

    gspeedlace -- I ripped this directly from the CD. Not sure why PCE is not right. I've also learned that the add'tl material is a scant 1:30 and not the 5:00 in my post.

    Ryan  

  4. # Blogger Soundtrack Sharity

    You are right. Just checked the archive! I don't hear those skips when playing the CD. I'll redo the files and repost. Thank you for the heads up!  

  5. # Blogger SkunkApe

    what up SS? This post is awesome, unfortunately my download was corrupted with skips and I just tried downloading it again 9/20/06. If you do re-upload please let me know. But you know I'll be checking often.

    Thanks  

  6. # Blogger Soundtrack Sharity

    Okay folks BIG TROUBLE will be re-uploaded this week. Sadly it's the most-downloaded album on the blog and it's riddled with errors. My apologies! Stay tuned...  

  7. # Blogger Soundtrack Sharity

    Here's the new BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA archive... Apparently Rapidshare's servers are stuffed, so this file is hosted on Megaupload.

    Enjoy!

    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HT7P0B47  

  8. # Blogger arnold

    Hey SS I am very grateful for this release. I first saw this film in the theatres as a double feature to "Club Paradise" well they saved the best for last and I simply loved this movie and still do today... Wish they would do a sequel ... The music in the film was awesome and I am very glad to have the music from the movie THANK YOU!  

  9. # Blogger JC

    Awesome. Thanks  

  10. # Blogger Unknown

    heey is there a chance for upload this in rapidshare  

  11. # Blogger scott wartham

    Love the film and the score.

    Its all in the reflexes.  

Post a Comment