Pitch Black / Bride Of Chucky - Graeme Revell


Graeme Revell's ambient-electronic score for Pitch Black remained unreleased until Super Tracks coupled it with the composer's Bride Of Chucky, a satirical riff influenced by Marco Beltrami's Scream 2 by way of Hans Zimmer's Broken Arrow.

Pitch Black was inexplicably desired by the film music collector market. I say that because the score is a series of anonymous electronic hums and pulses, rarely rising to more than that. As a listening experience it fails miserably, but perhaps the legions of Pitch Black cult fans will appreciate it.

Bride Of Chucky doesn't work much better. Unlike Child's Play 2, which featured at least a sprinkle of live orchestral content, Bride is entirely peformed on synths. Not scary, and not really meant to be, Bride Of Chucky is more a leering winkfest, and Revell's score is more playful than frightful.

Sorry, file deleted!

10 Responses to “Pitch Black / Bride Of Chucky - Graeme Revell”

  1. # Blogger test

    Thanks for the great blog. Just curious, have your EVER seen anything promotional related to American Werewolf in London? I am trying to get hold of anything other than Meco's disco-ish "Impressions" version from '82.

    Check out my blog at
    http://funkboutique.blogspot.com/  

  2. # Blogger Soundtrack Sharity

    Hi Skulla - I've never come across any AMERICAN WEREWOLF material although I now see you have tracked it down and posted it on your blog. Very cool! Thanks for FRIDAY 1-3 too. Fantastic stuff.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    hi, I'm new to your blog. I downloaded 'supernatural' soundtrack yesterday - it's fantastic! I'm forever grateful :].

    I was so happy when I saw that you have a 'pitch black' (awesome movie btw) soundtrack as well, but it seams you deleted the file :{. could you upload it one more time? pretty please?  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    hi, I'm new to your blog. I downloaded 'supernatural' soundtrack yesterday - it's fantastic! I'm forever grateful :].

    I was so happy when I saw that you have a 'pitch black' (awesome movie btw) soundtrack as well, but it seams you deleted the file :{. could you upload it one more time? pretty please?  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Any chance of a reseed of the Pitch Black score? Thanks  

  6. # Blogger Bond22

    Please repost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

  7. # Blogger dwmdesigner

    PLEASE repost Pitch Black / Bride of Chucky by Graeme Revell I've had a lot of trouble finding it anywhere! please help!!

    Great Blog by the way! Keep up the good work!  

  8. # Blogger dwmdesigner

    This comment has been removed by the author.  

  9. # Blogger Unknown

    please upload this again...

    can't find it anywhere

    I NEED the pitch black soundtrack  

  10. # Blogger Unknown

    PLEASE!!!!!!OMG!!! REUP! I REALLY NEED THAT ALBUM!!! OMG FUCKING PLEASE???!!!!!!  

Post a Comment